On the week that Serif launches the awesome Affinity Designer we have 2 guests. Joining us this week is none other than Ashley Hewson, CEO of Serif Affinity. We talk about Serif, Designer for iPad, the Affinty apps, winning awards, the Publisher Beta, developing for iPad, Metal acceleration and a whole lot more.
Why not come and join the Slack community? You can now just click on this Slackroom Link to sign up and join in the chatter!
Recorded 19th July 2018
Listen to the show:
This and other episodes are available at:
Essential Apple Recommended Services:
- 33mail.com – Never give out your real email address online again.
- Sudo – Get up to 9 free “avatars” with email addresses, phone numbers and more to mask your online identity.
- ProtonMail – End to end encrypted, open source, based in Switzerland. Prices start from FREE… what more can you ask?
- ProtonVPN – A VPN to go with it perhaps? Prices also starting from nothing!
- Fake Name Generator – So much more than names! Create whole identities (for free) with all the information you could ever need.
- Pinecast – A fabulous podcast hosting service with costs that start from nothing.
- Everyone should have a font manager… I really do believe that. So I highly recommend FontBase — All platforms. Professional features. Beautiful UI. Totally free. FontBase is the font manager of the new generation, built by designers, for designers.
Essential Apple is not affiliated with or paid to promote any of these services… We recommend services that we use ourselves and feel are either unique or outstanding in their field, or in some cases are just the best value for money in our opinion.
On this week’s show:
AN INTERVIEW WITH ASHLEY HEWSON OF SERIF AFFINITY
- Twitter @affinitybyserif
WORTH-A-CHIRP / ESSENTIAL TIPS
- Affinity celebrate the launch of Designer for iPad with a sale on all their applications affinity.serif.com or in the App Stores
Nemo’s Hardware Store (1:04:58)
- Hitcase Shield Link iPhone X Case $90 US Direct – Amazon $90 US
- Hitcase Truelux Lens Kit $100 US Direct
Social Media and Slack
You can follow us on:
- Also a big SHOUT OUT to the members of the Slack room without whom we wouldn’t have half the stories we actually do – we thank you all for your contributions and engagement.
- You can always help us out with a few pennies by using our Amazon Affiliate Link so we get a tiny kickback on anything you buy after using it.
- If you really like the show that much and would like to make a regular donation then please consider joining our Patreon or using the Pinecast Tips Jar (which accepts one off or regular donations)
- And a HUGE thank you to the patrons who already do.