Mark just about has time to do the show before he jets off again, this time to Munich for the Oktoberfest. We are joined by Peter Emery (@_windrider) from Australia to talk about his old Macs, virtual flu pandemics, Keychain Stealer and more.
Recorded 30th September 2017
Listen to the show:
This and other episodes are available at:
On this week’s show:
- iFixit’s iPhone 8 teardown shows that you really don’t want to crack that glass back – The Verge
- Keychain stealer is real, but not as bad as it might first seem – The Mac Observer
- iPhone 8 is so much faster than Android that even Geekbench creator can’t believe it – BGR
- Apple’s new “kext approval system” gives Simon grief!
- Pi Plans to Make the iPhone’s Wireless Charging Contactless – The Mac Observer
Crank the range on this up to a couple of feet or more and we can really start talking
- postmarketOS: An Ultimate Linux Distro For Your Smartphones Is Coming – Fossbytes
- and you can read up about postmarketOS directly here
IN THE NEWS
- Opinion to shutter its free podcast hosting
- How you could help stop a flu pandemic – BBC News
Nemo’s Hardware Store
- Nemo is on holiday: so no store this week
Social Media and Slack
You can follow us on:
- Also a big SHOUT OUT to the members of the Slack room without whom we wouldn’t have half the stories we actually do – we thank you all for your contributions and engagement.
- You can always help us out with a few pennies by using our Amazon Affiliate Link so we get a tiny kickback on anything you buy after using it.
- If you really like the show that much and would like to make a regular donation then please consider joining our Patreon
- And a HUGE thank you to the patrons who already do.