Vox Audio is an all in one audio player for mac that’ll pretty much handle any format you care to throw at it. Think of it as the VLC for the audio world.
VOX Audio 1.0 borrows heavily from the set of minimalist apps that contain some great features but presenting in a way that makes them easily accessible with the least amount of clicks needed.
VOX 1.0 is a free download for OS X 10.7 and higher on the Mac App Store with the ability to purchase addons. All the usual formats for audio are supported, Lossless and Lossy formats, including FLAC, MP3, AAC, Musepack, Monkey’s Audio, OGG Vorbis, Apple Lossless, AIFF, WAV, IT, MOD, XM and others.
The first in-app purchase, available for $0.99 for a limited time, will allow users to be able to listen to more than 3,000 radio stations around the world. Many additional in-app features are planned for the near future, including LastFM Streaming, SoundCloud, Spotify and Rdio integration.
Backed with a new user interface and powerful BASS engine, VOX 1.0 is a robust audio player for OS X devices that delivers high-quality sound within a minimalistic and intuitive design framework.
VOX 1.0 Audio Player Features
A free audio player, VOX 1.0 includes a wide range of updated features and customization options:
· Easy iTunes integration – VOX 1.0 reads your library as a music source but does not otherwise affect it.
· Last FM Scrobbling keeps your musical tastes up to date.
· Automatic cover art lookup via MusicBrainz and LastFM database.
· VOX 1.0 supports a variety of playlists like M3U, PLS, XSPF and CUE – the popular format used for storing CD rips – CUE.
· Allows quick access to your audio devices, including AirPlay (10.8+).
· Designed to play via NAS, the open-source model for playing, recording, and manipulating audio data over a network.
• VOX 1.0 supports literally any source your Mac can access. Add music from external HDDs, network drives and VPN-connected storages.
• Built-in equalizer with a variety of presets and adjustments.
• Transforms ordinary stereo source into 7.1 or 5.1 channel output.
• Bauer Stereo provides more realistic sound when listening to stereo music through headphones.
• Cool enhancements and audiophile features such as crossfade, fade on play/pause, resume playback, and more.
• Your music automatically pauses when your headphones are disconnected.
• Handy controls available from OS X main menu and VOX Dock icon.
• Full OS X gesture support including altering playlist height, switching music sources or adjusting volume.
“As an OS X developer, we are big fans of streamlined applications that provide tremendous value and functionality, yet doesn’t take a significant commitment on the user’s part to at least try it,” said Ivan Ablamsky, Founder of Coppertino. “We are confident that once Mac fans try the new VOX 1.0, it will quickly become their default audio player.”
Established in 2010 and headquartered in Los Angeles, CA, Coppertino is an award-winning, independent development studio of Mac and iOS products. The company’s initial offerings included Wallpaper Wizard and Focus for OS X, and Forismatic for Windows, Mac and iOS. More information can be found online at www.coppertino.com or follow them on Twitter @Coppertino.
What’s New in Version 2.0.1
– Brought back ability to add files with drag & drop w/out replacing current playing track
– Added some inner hotkeys + support of global hotkeys
– Fixed crashes & wrong behavior in ‘Search’ mode
– Fixed player freezing issues while loading iTunes library
– Fixed bug with tracks list not showing up when opened by double-click
– Fixed issues with ‘Repeat’ modes for ‘iTunes’ source
– FLAC and APE files now properly show up in ‘Search’ mode
– Removed ‘In-app restore request’ reminder
– Fixed minor playback issues
Leave a Reply