A new version of the ever popular chat client Adium has been relased today via an automatic update and it looks like it’s bug fixing time.
Mentioned in the list of bugs to be fixed is the poor MSN file transfer and the facebook chat issue.
Fixes contained are…
- Fixed a security vulnerability related to file transfers.
Fixed a crash when remote users have certain characters in their nicknames. (Discovered by Djego Ibanez) (#p14341)
MSN: Fixed direct file transfers, user icons, and receiving custom emoticons, while disabling multiple points of presence (MPOP). We determined that this was the better trade-off based on user feedback. (reverted to MSNP15 support from MSNP16) (#15256)
- MSN: Fixed an issue involving the “Friendly name changes too often” error.(#15364)
- GoogleTalk: Worked around an issue where messages contained XML code. (#15419)
Facebook will now connect via the officially-sanctioned mechanism. You no longer have to provide Adium with your username and password; you will be prompted to authenticate via a facebook.com window when you first log in. Existing accounts are automatically upgraded.
- AIM/ICQ: Fixed connecting while using a proxy server
- Twitter: Fixed loading the Following list. (#15239)
- Fixed a fairly common crash related to user lists. (#14294)
- Activated overlay scrollers on Mac OS X Lion. (#15394)
- Fixed an issue where Adium was constantly writing with the computer screen off for a long time. (#15147)
- Fixed the “Add Link” function, which was broken in 1.4.2. (#15259)
- Fixed instances where contacts weren’t being highlighted despite having been set to. (#14493).
- Message View: Inserted emoticon will replace the selected text (if any).
- Updated localisations: British English, Chinese (Traditional), Danish (#15431), Dutch (#15421), French (#15402), German (#15374), Greek (#15330), Italian (#15395), Norwegian (Bokmål) (#15365), Portuguese (Portugal) (#15371), Swedish (#15384).
Fixed a case of unfavourable wording in the German localisation. (#15393)
As always we are testing this and looking forward to seeing if MSN file transfers will work in Adium again.