This week we take a different tack as I invite Serenak to join me as we wander “off piste” and meander into the history of why Macs are so prevalent in the design and print industries, what went wrong with his new iPhone and an eclectic selection of “alternative” apps…
This week’s talking points
- Not all iPhone 7s are created equal. The case of the missing wifi connection.
- The world of design and print… is the Mac really better than a pc and why do designer types use them
- Stayin’ Alive. What old Apple hardware is still being used commercially
In this week’s Apple news
- Netflix finally brings offline viewing
- Spark Arrives on macOS – MacStories
- Alternative apps to the “standards”
- Using multiple chat apps is a sign for help?
Apps mentioned this show
Notifier for email (simons choice)
- adium instant messager
- Trillian multi protocol instant messenger
- Wire a great skype alternative
- Mega.nz 50GB on online cloud storage for FreeMultCloud.Com Move files between cloud services without downloading
- LibreOffice a free alternative to word.
- Publisher Plus
Nemo’s Hardware Store
Kanex EdgeGlass is a lightweight yet durable tempered glass designed to shield your screen from everyday use. Its scratch resistant, so feel free to throw your phone in your bag without worry. $18.00
- Kanex EdgeGlass Edge-to-Edge Glass Screen Protector for Apple iPhone 7 Plus – Black
- Kanex EdgeGlass Edge-to-Edge Glass Screen Protector for Apple iPhone 7 – Black
Thanks to Kanex for the review samples.
BoostSound IC-BTS06 Bluetooth Speaker $34.99 / £21.99
The iClever IC-BTS06 Bluetooth Speaker offers great quality sound with the latest Bluetooth V4.2 technology. It features two highly powerful total 10W drivers for excellent sound. The built-in rechargeable battery enables 8 hours of playtime on a single charge. Ideal for indoor party, outdoor BBQ or picnic with friends and family
Amazon Affiliate link
Shop at Amazon? You can support the show just by using our link in the show notes or on the website. Using our amazon affiliate link means we get a very small % of hopefully something you’d purchased after John’s review but it doesn’t have to be. Use the link, shop, purchase anything and you’ll be supporting the show.
AND FINALLY.. THANK YOU
To our amazing Patreon subscribers who have generiously contributed to the show. So a thank you to those of you are helping with the running costs and those of you who use our Amazon affiliate link. It REALLY helps.